Deputy Editor, Politics
- Full Time
Newsweek is looking for a talented Deputy Editor, Politics in New York or Washington to help grow our politics team and shape coverage. The ideal candidate is obsessed with politics and policy, understands Washington and knows how to find big audiences on the web for our award-winning journalism. The Deputy Editor will work with the Politics Editor to manage for competitive journalism and grow our audience.
- Assigning and editing stories and features for the web
- Working with a team of more than 10 writers in Washington, California and New York
- Writing SEO and social-friendly headlines
- Coordinating with editors in New York and London
- Helping writers identify angles and sources