Associate Marketing Manager, Brand & Research
- Full Time
The Atlantic doesn’t just report the news. For more than 160 years, we’ve been questioning the status quo—and challenging readers to rethink the world around them. From concept to creation—no matter the medium or brand —our work is measured against a tradition of unrivaled storytelling. That’s a high standard, but so is our ambition: to connect the most discerning audience on the web with the world’s leading brands. We're Atlantic Re:think: a group of creatives, journalists, producers, and analysts, all in pursuit of that perfect idea.
The Atlantic is looking for a manager or associate manager to join its Brand Marketing & Insights team in New York. This team is dedicated to supporting our sales and marketing teams by using research, data, and a strong dose of creativity to tell our unique brand story in order to increase advertiser interest in and affiliation for The Atlantic.
- Run and analyze syndicated research to extract the best stories for The Atlantic (proactively and in response to RFPs)
- Create compelling sales collateral that promotes The Atlantic’s core benefits (presentations, sell sheets, etc.)
- Aid the Sr. Director in executing large-scale custom research studies
- Work closely with sales and other marketing teams to evangelize The Atlantic brand among the advertising community
- Highly proficient in pulling and analyzing MRI, Comscore, and Omniture data
- Familiar with custom research studies
- Have strong written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- A voracious fan and consumer of great journalism
- A ‘teamwork makes the dream work’ mentality (and a sense of humor)
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
1. Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
2. Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability