Retail Digital Strategist
The purpose of the Retail Digital Strategist is to drive book discovery and sales via online accounts, with a particular emphasis on SEO, content/copy optimization, and analysis of paid retailer promotions. The ideal candidate will have extensive metadata experience and a deep understanding of the Amazon ecosystem in particular. The candidate will be an excellent communicator capable of collaboration across Hachette publishers, with the fortitude and tact necessary to enforce metadata best practices.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to analyze sales data and trends across both front and backlist publications to identify and correct online retail gaps, and to maximize upticks in sales on any particular title. The ideal candidate is a mix of content marketer and data scientist who understands the technical aspects of product optimization but also has a deep love of books and a flair for consumer engagement. This position is part of the corporate marketing strategy team, responsible for building and maintaining direct to consumer marketing capabilities, and reports to the Executive Director of Advertising and Analytics.
The Online Retail Optimization Associate’s primary responsibilities include:
- Analyze sales via Bookscan, Amazon Retail Analytics, and internal systems
- Track paid promotion performances with actionable takeaways for the sales and marketing teams
- Execute keyword research and implementation
- Run and optimize ad campaigns proficiently on Google, Facebook, Instagram, and AMS
- Perform keyword research for product descriptions and collaborate with publishing teams to optimize all on-page copy
- Identify and evaluate new opportunities for better product listing optimization
- Guide sales and marketing teams on results of experiments on pre-orders and generate best practices that can be applied across divisions
- Conduct A/B testing for changes in titles, descriptions, etc. to evaluate impact to rankings on Amazon
- Regularly analyze organic traffic trends and provide suggestions for growth
- 1-3 years of experience in online retail optimization, with demonstrable impact on revenue. Ecommerce experience a plus.
- Deep experience navigating a wide range of online retail environments.
- Ability to analyze problems and solutions from a company-wide perspective and effectively manage relationships to implement change.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
- Must be highly organized and results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
- Proficiency on a variety of ad platforms including social, Google, and AMS.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and AdEspresso required.
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with a focus on Excel.