Business Development Associate
- Full Time
Reports to Director of Business Development.
The Business Development Associate will be responsible for the facilitation of business development activities, both domestically and internationally.
An important emphasis of the position will be by identifying prospects, cultivating new client relationships, and developing project pursuit strategies. The role will include direct involvement in client outreach, participation in industry events, the production of collateral materials, and diligent ongoing research to keep abreast of potential project opportunities and industry news.
The ideal candidate will bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the project of business acquisition, combined with a deep understanding of Ennead’s unique strengths, values and mission.
Business Development Activity
- Implement Ennead’s Business Development strategy as envisioned by the Director of Business Development and the Partners.
- Identify appropriate target clients and projects.
- Conduct research to identify industry trends, stay abreast of capital budgets and financial forecasts, and gather market intelligence.
- Identify key players and decision-makers within target organizations, and create opportunities to connect with them.
- Create opportunities for Partners to connect with potential clients; facilitate face-to-face meetings and support partners in maintaining client relationships
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications team to expand Ennead’s visibility in the marketplace.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with potential and existing clients and other industry sources for information and lead generation.
- Leverage contacts within targeted client communities through active engagement with ULI, Corenet, SCUP, and other industry organizations.
- Represent Ennead at key industry events and conferences to expand Ennead’s visibility in targeted markets.
- Seek out strategic partnerships with consultants and peer firms where appropriate. Stay current with other firms and consultants regarding team partnering opportunities.
- Identify and follow upcoming opportunities prior to the issuance of RFPs so that Ennead is in a strong position to respond.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to architecture and/or design
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in business development and/or marketing programs in the A/E/C industry
- Excellent client management, presentation, and communication (written/verbal) skills
- Clear approach to problem solving and good judgment in decision-making
- Experience collaborating with marketing and communications teams
- Proficiency with Deltek Vision and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as required
- An entrepreneurial spirit in all activities related to Business Development
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and a professional demeanor that enables productive interaction with a wide range of individuals, both inside and outside the firm
- Ability to maintain focus on goals, combined with the agility and flexibility to re-direct when necessary
- Ability to think strategically while executing daily responsibilities
- Highly motivated, passionate and winning attitude
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume along with salary requirements.
Please attach the completed Applicant ID, Veteran Self-ID, and Disability Self-ID Forms which can be found under “downloads” on the http://www.ennead.com/employment page along with your materials.
In addition, please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you are legally authorized to work in the US, or if you will now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status).
The firm is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable local, state and federal fair employment practices laws. The firm gives equal opportunity and consideration to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, creed, age, disability which is unrelated to the individual’s ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws.