Asst./Assoc. Editor - Threads
1 day left
- Full Time
Threads magazine seeks a journalist or experienced writer with a passion for sewing to join a dynamic team. Knowledge of garment sewing is essential; experience with quilting techniques and other fiber arts disciplines are advantages. Video presentation or teaching experience, specifically sewing techniques, is also a plus.
The ideal candidate is energetic, enthusiastic, organized, attentive to detail, and able to juggle multiple priorities on deadline. This full-time position is based in southwestern Connecticut, 2 hours from Manhattan.
Attach a cover letter, resume, and images of 3 to 5 personally completed sewing projects with brief descriptions.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Contributes article ideas for editorial calendar; researches and writes articles for magazine and website
- Contacts authors, works with them to develop and outline article ideas, and oversees story development.
- Edits raw manuscripts to produce lively, readable, accurate, and informative copy.
- Works with the editor and art director to develop art and/or photo plans to illustrate articles.
- Participates in brand social media, with knowledge of several platforms.
- Works on digital and special projects, and other duties as assigned.
- Represents the brand at media events and by attending consumer expos and trade shows.
- Writes video scripts and presents sewing techniques on-camera.
- Prepares and sews samples for photography and video.
- Must have strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Must have computer competency (MS Office, InDesign, WordPress) and be digitally savvy
- Must have personal sewing experience at the intermediate or advanced level
- Should be well-versed in the leading social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Photography and video planning and presentation skills are a plus