Freelance Helicopter Pilot
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Pilots are responsible to insure all operations involving the company aircraft are in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations, the Chopper 12 Procedures Manual, and all state or municipal regulations. The Chopper 12 pilot will insure the aircraft remains clean and mission ready. The pilot will operate the aircraft in a safe and efficient manner. He/she will fly the News 12 helicopter ("Chopper 12") to sites where breaking news or other events are occurring within the tri-state area (normally Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, Brooklyn and The Bronx). The pilot works with Assignment Editors, News Directors, Reporters and Photographers and other Mangers to coordinate coverage. Maintain accurate records of daily flight activity, including departure and arrival time, destination, news story name and specific News 12 being served. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Commercial Rotorcraft Helicopter Certificate with Helicopter Instrument Rating. Airline Transport Pilot preferred.
• Current Class I or II Medical Certificate.
• Must have at least 200 hours in an AS 350 series aircraft and recent flight experience in helicopters within the previous 12 months.
• Must have the appropriate FAA certifications in good standing and a good flight safety record.
• Should also have excellent piloting skills and knowledge of the AS350B2 VEMD systems.
• Proof of annual recurrent training in emergency procedures in the AS350B2 helicopter.
• Ability to troubleshoot maintenance issues and work with the helicopter mechanic to resolve those issues.
• Knowledge of current and emerging Electronic News Gathering technologies is a plus.
• Must also have good communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team and be able to prioritize tasks and projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.