Haymarket Media is seeking a Senior Reporter to join the PRWeek team. This position is located in our New York, NY office.
Want to be the next star reporter covering marketing in New York City? Fascinated by how the biggest brands are telling their stories? Interested in how companies fend off the latest crisis? PRWeek is seeking an enterprising and enthusiastic senior reporter to cover the marketing and PR industries. This role encompasses everything from covering breaking news to writing features about the most interesting people in marketing and communications.
- Develop strong contacts with senior PR agencies and in-house communications executives for the premiere B2B publication in the industry
- Cover the biggest news and trends in marketing and PR as well as breaking news on top executives and account moves
- Break news that will be the talk of the PR and marketing worlds
- Maintain an avid knowledge of the news cycle
- Contribute timely, enterprise, and lively feature story ideas as well as compelling ways of presenting stories to the PRWeek audience
Skills and Requirements:
- Sharp writing skills
- Social media savvy, curious, and aggressive
- Knowledge of public relations and communications a plus
- 3 years' professional experience as a senior reporter for a B2B title or daily newspaper
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and stay organized
- Tenacious news hound who is calm under pressure
- Comfortable editing and writing within a content management system
- Experienced at SEO and social media content promotion
- Comfortable maintaining and working a database of expert sources
- Video interviewing skills a strong plus
- Experience moderating panels and public speaking helpful
Applicants should include cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Submissions that do not include salary range information will not be considered, nor will generic submissions not tailored to the job advertisement.
PRWeek is the leading resource for the PR and communications industry across all platforms, providing relevant and informative content that spotlights the top trends and thought leaders defining our industry. Credible, comprehensive, and compelling, we combine insightful and unbiased expert commentary and analysis, rigorous news gathering and market-leading events to help the industry keep up with the ever-changing PR and communications landscape more efficiently and effectively.
For more information, visit prweek.com.
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.