Associate Producer (News Nightly)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the planning calendar in order to provide broad coverage of news from a Catholic perspective. Identify original content stories/issues that would engage our audience.
- Produce segments on national/international news that help viewers to understand the day’s news from a Catholic perspective
- Manage field crews (reporters + photographers) and coordinate with our Operations Manager.
- Act as a fill-in line producer when needed.
- Communicate with production crew about executing the newscast.
- Review and pull video for stories (packages and VOs) and monitor AP wires.
- Produce content for social media.
- Visualize and order graphics.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in TV broadcast news, producing newscasts in medium or large markets.
- Possess solid news judgement and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to visually and creatively tell a story and engage viewers using graphics and other elements.
- Experience utilizing broadcast software programs (i.e., iNews, AP ENPS)
- Excellent broadcast writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborate easily within a team and also work well independently
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN’s mission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends/nights when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, retirement plan with employer match, CDU Educational assistance, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.
Apply for Associate Producer (News Nightly)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly