Segment Producer (News Nightly)
- Full Time
The Segment Producer will work with the Anchor, Executive Producer and Producer to produce lively discussion segments that enrich our nightly newscast.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce discussion segments on national/international news and issues from a Catholic perspective
- Identify guests that highlight and explain key issues for our audience.
- Work with producer, booker and associate producer on discussion segments.
- Communicate with the Anchor about guests and write up briefs, including questions and extensive research, to prepare Anchor for discussion segments.
- Expand our rolodex with interesting, high-profile guests.
- Identify original content stories that would make good discussion segments.
- Review and pull video for discussion segments.
- Monitor AP wires and AP Planner.
- Visualize and order graphics for discussion segments.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in TV broadcast or print news, politics, communications or a related field.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to break down complex information into simple, broadcast language and engage viewers using graphics and video during discussion segments.
- Experience utilizing broadcast software programs (i.e., iNews, AP ENPS)
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including social media skills.
- Collaborate easily within a team and also work well independently
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN’s mission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends/nights when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, retirement plan with employer match, CDU Educational assistance, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.