- Full Time
W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. is seeking a Product Specialist to join its IT department. As a member of Information Technology Team, the Product Specialist is responsible for supporting users of our educational software and digital product offerings. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, eager to learn new technologies, and able to work independently. This position reports to the Director of Education Technology and is based out of our New York office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work with the Help Desk support team to provide assistance for Level 3 customer support.
- Work with internal teams to provide related product support.
- Provide answers to digital product users (students and instructors) by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding users through corrective steps.
- Work with the Project Manager and Product Manager in prioritizing bug resolution and preparing for sprint grooming.
- Execute test cases to validate new features, patches, or bug fixes.
- Work to establish comprehensive and detailed technical knowledge of the product line.
- Compile, manage, and maintain up-to-date customer-facing and internal documentation (i.e. FAQ, quick start guides, help notes, product release notes, etc.) with input from other team members.
- Work closely with other team members to help outline requirements based on support incidents and/or defects found in our software.
- Design and assist with internal and external training on our educational software products.
- Responsible for staying abreast of development plans as they arise and recommending additional support as needed.
- Communicate through regular updates to Product Manager and/or Project Managers the status of assigned work, support incidents, or documentation updates.
- Suggest improvements within the workflow, process, and documentation (when appropriate).
- Liaison with other cross-functional internal teams and outside development teams.
- Participate in staff meetings and training sessions.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years of experience with technical and/or documentation writing (or related experience).
- 2+ years of experience with customer support.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently.
- Expertise with help desk protocols preferred.
- Understanding of software development practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, managing time and shifting priorities.
- Ability to organize and work under strict timelines while producing quality deliverables.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programs.
- Ability to follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Ability to adapt/respond to different types of customers and to their needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with team members of the IT department and other departments.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to resolve complex problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to represent the Company in an effective and professional manner.
- Experience working with e-learning, educational tools, and/or learning management systems (preferable).
- Knowledge of the publishing industry (preferable).
- Employment eligibility to work in the US is required.
- Ability to work full business hours from Norton’s NYC office.
W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry”. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor