- Full Time
Position Summary: The Retoucher & Digital Production Designer will perform retouching of models, apparel, and backgrounds, as well as color correction, compositing, and production work on digital image assets for web, email and social media. This individual will prepare a high-volume of images, while maintaining attention to detail, quality, and uniformity in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform color correction on fabric and skin, light cosmetic retouching, and seamless background extensions. Maintain consistent imagery and color.
- Create detailed silhouette masks of model clothing and hair quickly and accurately and work using non-destructive layers.
- Prepare and deliver web or print ready assets within Photoshop or InDesign using current standards for web and print production. Includes asset extraction in Photoshop and File Packaging in InDesign.
- Partner with others on Art & Photography, Creative Operations, and Styling teams to maintain EILEEN FISHER’s brand aesthetic and imagery standards.
- Respond quickly to urgent retouching and production requests.
PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS AS REQUIRED.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Minimum 3+ years of prior experience in commercial/ Fashion e-commerce retouching
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop CC, with emphasis on non-destructive retouching of skin and clothing, masking, compositing, smart objects, paths, etc. Portfolio must strongly demonstrate these skills.
- Expert ability to retouch across a variety of photography styles, varied by lighting, color, and background extensions.
- A discerning eye in cropping, resizing, color-correcting images, and balancing backgrounds is essential.
- Experience with complex/large image databases.
- Proficient in Adobe CC/ Bridge, InDesign, and knowledge of Illustrator
- Must understand and appreciate EILEEN FISHER’s design and aesthetic style
- Able to retouch and prepare a high-volume of images, while maintaining brand identity, image quality standards and consistency.
- Must be a self-motivated, well-organized individual who pays close attention to detail and is able to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
- Adaptable to new tools, processes and workflows.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Effectively collaborates with other designers, developers, marketing managers and others involved in design projects.
- Candidate must be proactive and able to show initiative, foresee and resolve problems related to imagery.
- Takes feedback in a professional manner and can incorporate changes quickly.
Reports to: Post Production Manager
Has Contact With: Brand Communications Teams
Location: New York
Exemption Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time
Clothing Allowance: Yes