Seeker is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join our Audience Development team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who's at the early stages of their digital media career, but recent college graduates are welcome to apply. As our Social Media Coordinator, you will be focusing on social media community management and contributing to Seeker's editorial voice/presence. You’ll be a crucial part of running day-to-day operations for multiple social channels (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and verticals while also improving video optimization, streamlining workflow, and pushing forward audience growth. We need independent self-starters, who are both strong writers and critical thinkers. In this role, content creation meets audience analytics, and you will be the driving force behind it.
On a daily basis, the Social Media Coordinator distributes content, maintains constant oversight of performance against targets and optimizes as necessary to ensure success across Seeker’s social channels. In addition to organic audience development, the Social Media Coordinator may also manage paid media campaigns, editorial partnerships and traffic exchanges.
- Manage all aspects in social publishing and community management for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms as necessary
- Collaborate with multiple production teams to optimize content for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt strategies as platforms evolve
- Maintain Seeker’s editorial voice in headline and copywriting across multiple platforms, while keeping in mind that each page has its differences in audience and tone
- Monitor and engage with fans in the comments section on Seeker’s social platforms
- Actively communicate with Seeker’s audience in a natural and engaging way that is in line with Seeker’s brand voice
- Work closely with editorial team leads to schedule and distribute videos daily
- Monitor performance and analytics to develop actionable strategies that support audience growth and content distribution
- Manage paid promotion on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Attend daily editorial meetings and thoughtfully participate in the daily news pitching process by contributing insights that will help our team build key audiences
- Manage multiple partnerships with media publishers and coordinate shares on a weekly basis
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience running a social media account for a newsroom, digital outlet, or brand
- Strong writing and communication skills required
- Able to multi-task, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
- Strong familiarity with social media publishing and analytics tools on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced media company
Seeker exists where technology, innovation, and the future collide. We celebrate relentless curiosity with an insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. Seeker Media connects with its audiences through daily videos published on YouTube, Facebook, and our own Seeker.com. We produce best-in-class science content, short documentaries and ground-breaking virtual reality experiences. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and located in San Francisco, CA.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify. #LI-AS1