Digital Advertising Sales Executive
For over 50 years, Gulfstream Media Group has led the affluent, glossy magazine industry in South Florida. Under the name of its flagship publication, Gold Coast magazine, Gulfstream Media Group has grown to six lifestyle publications (including Boca Life Magazine , The Palm Beacher , Jupiter Magazine , Stuart Magazine and Fort Lauderdale ) and an interior design brand (Florida Home & Garden) covering communities from Miami to Stuart. The award-winning company was founded in 1965, and in 1970 its current owner and publisher, Bernard McCormick, came to the helm.
As one of the first and longest-running city-regional publishing companies in Florida, over the years the magazines have been recognized and honored with awards from the Florida Magazine Association and Society of Professional Journalists. Gulfstream Media Group is also at the forefront of digital magazine technology by providing editorially extended digital and iPad editions of its titles. We are proud to represent the South Florida voice now and in the future.
The Account Executive is responsible for generating income through the sale of advertising into publications by increasing revenue for existing accounts and by prospecting new accounts under the direction of the Publisher.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate possesses a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Three to five years related sales experience or equivalent combination of experience and education. He or she has lived in the South-East Florida region for a number of years and sold print and digital adverting in the Great Fort Lauderdale or Boca Raton market.
We are looking for the following attributes:
- Ability to live and breathe the Gulfstream Media brand.
- Passion for all things luxury.
- Ability to sell integrated advertising solutions to high-end advertisers in our local market.
- Motivation, passion, and a proactive approach.
- Tenacity and drive to generate record-breaking revenue for Gulfstream Media.
- Impeccable presentation skills.
- Strong persuasive verbal and writing skills and the ability to think strategically about marketing and business.
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and thrive in a dynamic, deadline driven, and rapidly changing environment.
- Solid knowledge of the leading clients and agencies with proven experience in a variety of advertising categories.
- Established sales success with relationships at the highest level.
- Unquestionable work ethics.
What’s in it for you:
The Gulfstream Media Group offers an attractive total compensation package including:
- A competitive base salary and commission plan with unlimited earning potential
- Robust health and wellness benefits
- 401K with company match
- PTO and holiday program
- Telecommuting policy
- Mileage and phone allowance
- An open and collaborative office environment
- … and much more
Salary: $40,000.00 base salary + Commission and bonuses.
Projected income: Year 1: $70,000 to $80,000.
Projected income: Year 2: $80,000 to $95,000
Projected income: Year 3: $100,000 +
How you get in front of us:
If you believe you have what it takes and possess the skills and the drive, send your resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements.
We will contact you directly with an invitation to interview if we believe you could be our next sales star!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; Standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing. The employee is required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time as well as talking on the phone for extended periods of time. Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement. Driving when necessary. Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gulfstream Media Group EEO Statement:
As a part of Gulfstream Media Group employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a background check prior to an offer being extended.
Gulfstream Media is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
DISCLAIMER: _ This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties, and responsibilities to this job at any time._
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for Digital Advertising Sales Executive
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly