National Account Manager
- Full Time
Wolters Kluwer Health is a leading global provider of content for healthcare professionals, serving physicians, surgeons, nurses, allied health professionals, pharmacists, academics, payers, and the life sciences with solutions for research and development, the point-of-learning, the point-of-dispensing, and the point-of-care. Wolters Kluwer Health has three market-centered business units to serve the needs of its diverse customer base: Medical Research, Professional & Education, and Clinical Solutions.
We are searching for a National Account Manager to join our team. This person can be located in either New York or Philadelphia.
The National Account Manager is the primary point of contact between the company’s products/services and our clients. The NAM sells multi-channel marketing solutions to medical device companies, pharmaceutical companies, their ad agencies and service providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages print/digital/online advertising sales efforts for designated journals (print and iPad apps’s), websites and related products to maximize revenue and increase competitive market share by making a high volume of strategic calls each day
• Ability to develop new business and forge strong relationships with clients through consistent contact to determine advertising needs and by evaluating competitive activity to grow revenues and share of market
• Develop and execute multi-channel, in-depth integrated proposals and programs leveraging the company’s journals’ print, digital and online assets
• Capable of developing and selling supplements to pharmaceutical and 3rd party Medical Communications/Medical Education agencies
• Complete understating of online advertising in order to sell banner ads, eNewsletters, microsites, direct email campaigns, video and other online products
• Ability to understand, interpret and communicate online/digital metrics to clients
• Ensure client campaign deliveries and complete follow-through activities
• Utilizes Phone/Email/CRM (Salesforce) to effectively prospect and close business
• Maintains clear and consistent communication with Portfolio Manager and VP of Advertising Sales regarding sales performances and market trends
Additional duties include bi-weekly forecasting of pending sales, maintain a sales territory, working as the face of WK to medical societies, monitoring market conditions and working with the team on cross channel sales packages which leveraging the companies content and brands
Perform other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent years of relevant experience required
• A minimum of two to four years of experience in digital marketing and or/online media sales is required.
• Current experience working with pharmaceutical/device advertising agencies is a plus.
• Salesforce experience would be preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
• Proven track record in digital media sales
• Clear understanding of multi-channel sales to pharmaceutical/medical device companies and their ad agencies
• Accurate forecasting of sale numbers pending and closed
• Ability to work within metric driven sales environment
• Strong relationship building, negotiating and customer service skills
• Must be proficient in both Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
• Spanish as a second language not required, but a plus
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.