Marketing Automation Manager
The American Psychological Association is looking for an experienced marketing automation leader to own the development and execution of our marketing automation capabilities. If you’ve had solid experience with both B2B and B2C marketing automation tools and techniques, if you’d embrace the opportunity to build an organization’s capability from the ground up, if you’re a natural collaborator, then we need you as a key member of our Marketing Operations team supporting APA’s $90M+ publications and databases business. We serve the academic library market, the higher ed market, psychologists and consumers, so the work will be varied and fast-paced. Your success will be APA’s success, as we continue our efforts to advance psychological science and education, to advocate for affordable health and mental health care, and to promote legislative actions that empower vulnerable communities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of active marketing automation experience must include tools such as Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Eloqua, Hubspot, Pardot, etc., including experience with journey building, lead scoring and developing processes that align with the needs of the Sales organization.
- 5+ years working in digital marketing required
- Strong project management/organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously for different teams targeting different audiences.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines without sacrificing detail or quality.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and data analysis.
- Own marketing automation implementation process from start-to-end (which includes collaboration with strategic marketing teams and the rest of the Marketing Operations team): audience/segmentation, campaign definition, campaign design, lead hand-off to sales process, and post-campaign reporting.
- Project manage, create and execute digital and email marketing campaigns.
- Develop and continually improve our Marketing Cloud and Pardot capabilities, and own the best practices, execution and management of the APA’s outbound demand generation programs.
- Work closely with Salesforce.com team to implement seamless lead-to-win process that provides visibility into marketing impact on sales pipeline.
- Use Journey Builder to create customer journeys across email, mobile, ads, and the web.
- Maintain and optimize a lead scoring program/model based off buying cycles, personas, and sales feedback.
- Carry out A/B testing and ongoing optimization on automated marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Analytics Manager to report on the performance of campaigns and make recommendations for improvement.
- Work collaboratively with the technology and marketing departments to ensure automated campaigns achieve the desired outcomes.
- Analyze marketing data and make strategic recommendations to key stakeholders for campaign optimization.
- Measure and tune marketing programs to ensure alignment with APA goals.
- Collaborate effectively across functional areas and departments.
- Be at the cutting edge, learning about new marketing automation technologies and add-on applications to help our marketing team continually increase its effectiveness.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary expectations. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.