Subscription Sales Account Director/Executive
STAT is a leading online media brand reporting from the frontiers of health and medicine. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry with a mix of free and premium content offerings.
We are seeing a driven, dynamic and results oriented account executive with proven business development experience to join our subscription team as our first group/corporate subscription account executive. The ideal candidate understands the value proposition a premium content subscription can offer to target readers, and is comfortable presenting and selling that product to senior level executives. This person will be asked to meet and exceed their revenue goals for driving group subscriptions of STAT Plus.
- You are a driven, self starting, goal oriented sales executive.
- You’re excited by the prospect of building a business from the ground up, and are not phased by challenges of engaging and closing prospective customers.
- You are a problem solver.
- You work well within a team.
- You understand the importance of truly understanding your customer and their unmet needs. In addition to using that intel to better sell STAT, you can share those needs and insights from clients to help ensure our product is the best it can be.
- In addition to being strong at sales, you’re equally adept at account management and customer service, with a focus on building a base of customers whom are highly likely to renew based on their experience with STAT.
- Aggressively grow our new group subscription business. The growth expectations include: increasing the number of companies committing to group subscriptions, increasing the average number of people in a group subscription, and the average revenue per person.
- Grow our existing group subscription accounts.
- Upsell individual subscribers to group subscriptions.
- Prospect for new group subscriptions among target companies that have no current individual or group subscriptions.
- Upsell subscribers to new premium products such as research, special reports etc. as they are developed.
- Work in partnership with numerous departments to achieve our group subscription goals:
- Work with the marketing team to develop necessary sales materials
- Work with the Subscription Marketing Manager to coordinate lead generation programs
- Work with the editorial team to understand the current product and provide feedback from subscriber
- Present our offerings to senior level prospective customers over the phone, via webex, or in person as needed.
- Develop proposals, pricing packages, and contracts for customers.
- Act as the primary product point person for existing group subscriptions. This includes working with the Finance team to create and process invoices, working with the Legal team as needed to produce custom contracts, setting up and QAing group accounts, and report account activity to group admins.
- As we build the subscription business, you will hire, train and manage a business development associate to identify prospective clients, achieve their monthly meeting goal and support your sales cycles.
- Develop and manage an ongoing pipeline of 20-30 prospects.
- Serve as “eyes on the ground” to provide product feedback and insights to help adjust the existing product offering and develop new product lines.
- Manage customer service requests from existing customers and ensure each “ticket” is engaged within 24 hours of submission.
- BA/BS required
- Strong work ethic and a problem solver who knows how to make deals happen and keep clients happy
- Experience in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- 2-5 years of proven direct sales/new business development experience
- Track record of meeting and exceeding individual revenue goals
- Exposure to CRM and sales automation programs
- Not required, but good to have: an understanding of the biotech and pharma industries, and their supporting industries
Apply for Subscription Sales Account Director/Executive
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly