Lead Business Data Analyst, Data Analytics & Insights
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Planning & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Consolidate large amounts of data from multiple source systems and design tools to aid in the analysis and consumption of this data, as well as continually work to optimize internal reporting tools.Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and multiple levels.
As Lead Business Data Analyst for the Data Analytics & Insights team, you will serve as an analytics expert to drive educated decisions and operational excellence for West Coast Studio Operations (production services, post production, lighting & grip, property, wardrobe/costume, transportation, finance, and IT). You will be responsible for translating data into actionable insights, provide recommendations and support implementation and ROI assessment of cross functional projects / initiatives and operational processes targeted to reduce cost, raise OCF margins, and optimize the client experience. You will help lead complex projects and initiatives with cross functional leaders and operational staff to drive operational and analytical excellence across the organization.
Responsibilities include:Analyze complex business problems, operational scenarios, and related financial implications that enable leadership to make informed business decisions and drive operational excellence.Collect business requirements and define operating metrics / KPIs. Provide timely and accurate reports, dashboards, KPIs, operational scorecards, and other leading indicators that report historical performance, as well as provide insight into future trends.Perform ad hoc data research and statistical analyses.Partner with internal customers and business partners to develop strategies for measuring product quality, process capability, employee productivity, service levels, and other key business outcomes.
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience in business analytics, business planning or operations, solving complex operational/data problems, building business requirements and standardizing business reporting and processes.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics is preferred. MBA or Masters is a plus.
• High proficiency in data analysis, modeling and reporting. Ability to define problem, collect data, and provide creative solutions.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly motivated and effective self-starter with a proven track record of project success. Experience in a fast-paced team environment. Intellectually curious and able to manage complex projects and work independently and cross-functionally with high level guidance.
• Methodical and process oriented with superior attention to detail and strong organization skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, projects, ad hoc assignments, and deadlines.
• Proficient in MS Office with advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel. Skilled in developing PowerPoint presentations that effectively communicate ideas using graphs, charts, and other data visualization techniques.
• Knowledgeable in SQL and/or Business Objects tools and technical aptitude to advance skillset for ad-hoc queries.
• Advanced proficiency in gathering, assessing and analyzing data from multiple sources. Familiarity with business intelligence and reporting tools (MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, etc.).
• Knowledge of databases, data integration, and Business Intelligence processes is a plus.
• Master’s Degree in business, analytics, industrial engineering, quality, or related field strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Studio departments, workflows, functions, and technologies.
• Experience in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Film & Broadcast Technology, Engineering or related field.
• Experience working with information technology systems, specifically databases and enterprise reporting tools.
• Experienced in data mining and Big Data.
• Skilled in statistical process control (SPC) and analysis.
• Additional education/certification in: Lean Six Sigma, Quality Systems, Industrial Engineering, and/or Project Management.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.