CRM Database Manager
- Full Time
Ad Council: A private, non-profit organization, the Ad Council partners with other national non-profit organizations as well as federal government agencies to motivate measurable change around significant public issues. Together, we work with volunteer talent from leading advertising, media, social and digial communications agencies across the country to create campaigns that inspire change and improve lives throughout the U.S. The Ad Council creates sophisticated and comprehensive, integrated communication plans for each campaign that can include media outreach, consumer research, public relations, social media and numerous strategic partnership opportunities across all mediums.
Summary: The CRM Database Manager ensures the accuracy and usability of the Ad Council's two Salesforce databases, effectively powering all marketing, sales, event, and fundraising activity on behalf of our 40 social good campaigns. This position has three primary functions: provide dependable prospecting and customer data, increase internal user adoption, and integrate data siloes. The ideal candidate is someone who has a great sense of humor, delights in figuring out the tricky stuff, and loves collaborating with different teams. If you are part problem solver and part teacher, then this position is right for you.
Core Job Responsibilities: This action packed role involves testing new functionality, listening to user feedback, troubleshooting bugs and offering solutions, and collaborating with internal stakeholders to launch the next big event or marketing push to the right people at the right time. Proactively alerting the team to potential missed opportunities in reaching a key prospect or donor, this person will also be responsible for creating and launching a formal onboarding and Salesforce training program, increasing user adoption company-wide. Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop a CRM Database Coordinator responsible for data entry and lead qualification
- Oversee relationships with Salesforce and Ad Council's data partner platforms and services
- Evaluate new data providers and services for event management
- Manage contract renewals and pricing negotiations
- Set and maintain project scope to achieve business goals
- Discuss product releases and beta test new features
- Develop case studies
- Primary liaison between Media, Financial Development, Event Management, Marketing, and IT teams
- Troubleshoot issues with support and IT
- Oversee data sourcing and optimization
- Manage data governance
- Maintain up-to-date documentation
- Ensure accuracy in monthly feed uploads via Sandbox testing
- Pull reports and lists to support team and individual needs
- Ensure 3rd party integrations function smoothly
- Contribute to data integration discussions
- Sleuth out where excel and Outlook are being used to track user data (and why) and help to integrate that data into Salesforce
- Create or customize fields, page layouts, custom objects, object relations, workflows, triggers, validation rules, and apps when requested to create best practices in finding and understanding the data in Salesforce
- Seek out and attend Salesforce and data management classes, webinars, and conferences
- Read quarterly Salesforce product release notes
- Stay looped into Salesforce Community blog
- Understand what requires native vs. custom functionality
- Translate product knowledge to meet business needs
- Transition the organization from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience
- Participate in New York User Groups and represent Ad Council at Dreamforce
- Salesforce certification desired, but not required 2+ years database experience Prior management experience preferred Excellent communicator, with the ability to translate business and technical needs and interact with staff at all levels Terrific business acumen Detail-oriented, while keeping the bigger picture in mind Effective problem solver and predictive thinker Proficient in Excel, particularly with advanced features like vlookup and pivot tables Prior experience with event management and project management platforms, a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 984-1905
or US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017 , Summary: The CRM Database Manager ensures the accuracy and usability of the Ad Councils two Salesforce databases, effectively powering all marketing, sales, event, and fundraising activity on behalf of our 40 social good campaigns.