- Full Time
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for executing creative design solutions that strengthen brand equity and streamline the graphic design process for each assignment.
- Development of graphics & layouts for assigned projects.
- Staying abreast of technological advances in the field of graphic design and the latest design trends that will contribute to quality and efficiency.
- A background in marketing, advertising, company branding preferred..
- Ability to work effectively across inter-department project areas including: Authors, Editorial, Sales and Marketing in order to execute the proper creative direction.
- Responsible for preparing files for press and a working knowledge of offset printing
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with focus on Graphic or Communication Design
- 3-5 years industry experience
• Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, and CameraRaw.
• A strong working knowledge of the prepress process.
• Ability to articulate ideas clearly & creatively
• Ability to follow directions and process artistic and technical feedback resulting in creative design solutions.
• Knowledge of print Media, Web design a plus.
• eBook publication experience is desired
• Develops and adheres to graphic standards and branding initiatives.
• Knowledgeable in Adobe Digital Editions, Calibre and Sigil.
- Studio photography experience strongly desired
• Experience in Web Development & maintenance a plus
The focus in this in-house position is to execute creative design solutions that both strengthen brand equity and match the intended market. Producing both high quality, and creative work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures is crucial. Precise, consistent work output is essential and requires patience and a willingness to handle and complete multiple tasks. The job environment is stable, based on a team mentality and well-defined processes. Job knowledge and competency is built through a structured workflow and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers. Communication with others is based on knowledge of repetitive job routines and procedures gained from sufficient on the job experience. The ability to work effectively across departments to execute the proper creative direction is critical to while reporting to the Creative Director. Schiffer Publishing promotes a creative work environment where ideas can be shared so that there is opportunity for personal and creative growth. This position is designed to develop a valued creative expert, who, recognized and supported by management, can deliver quality work on a consistent basis while staying abreast of technological advances and trends in graphic design.