Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
SpringerNature, seeks an experienced Sales Team Leader.
This exciting position will report to the US Sales Director, and will be responsible for managing the day to day function of an existing sales team, business relationships with external parties and product sales and development of custom projects in both print and online.
The successful candidate will be responsible for directly and indirectly generating sales with a strong focus on business development to new and existing clients. Fundamental to this position is a successful track record of sales team supervision, solution selling to a large portfolio of products, custom content generation and its delivery, and developing advertising programs to support client needs. The candidate will supervise an existing staff of three. Travel is vital to this role, and represents approximately 20% of the time.
- The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial and motivated team player capable of working with and across various sales groups with a common business goal in mind.
- The ideal candidate will have a consultative, solutions based approach with a ‘can-do’ attitude for delivering against client and internal objectives.
- He/she will be a comfortable and confident networker with the ability to quickly establish rapport and build relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- A minimum of five years of experience managing sales people along with knowledge and success selling custom or sponsorship type products and advertising programs to clients and their agencies.
- Strong CRM and MS Office skills are required.
- This position will be located in our NY Office with no telecommute option.
To Apply: Complete the application below. Be sure to include a resume and cover letter why this position is of interest to you.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster: