Director of Marketing and Communications
ABOUT THE POSITION
World Pulse is at a pivotal phase for marketing and communication breakthrough to achieve our ambitious goals of scaling our online community to connect half a million women leaders who in turn mobilize one billion more for positive social change across the globe.
We seek a dynamic, focused, and experienced Director of Marketing and Communication (MarCom) with the strengths of both strategy and execution. This position reports to the COO, and collaborates closely with the senior leadership team as the primary expert on marketing and communications . The right individual will have opportunity to grow as part of a rapidly-changing environment with a cross-functional team and advisor network to build and roll-out a communications strategy that reflects our vision. This role is for a leader who is excited to creatively translate our bold, feminine brand to every aspect of our global communications.
As Director of MarCom you will lead communication strategy and oversee development of all external and internal facing communications and collateral. You will implement messaging by audience segment and optimize for distribution across digital, social, and print platforms, to convert new users and retain existing users.
This person is the subject matter expert for all marketing, communications and branding of World Pulse.
- Lead multi-channel MarCom strategy, execution and amplification to increase the engagement of World Pulse’s core users – from grassroots women leaders to funders - and meet World Pulse’s annual and long term goals.
- Lead and manage cross-functional projects working closely with community, product, and fund development staff, outside contractors, and expert advisors. Ensure seamless flow of information among all stakeholders.
- Lead MarCom monthly, quarterly and annual planning, budgeting, and reporting.
- Manage communication staff.
- A passionate champion for women and innovative ways to increase their power through technology.
- 5+ years of work experience in online marketing/communications focusing on online community engagement.
- Experience building an integrated marketing presence with an exciting creative portfolio of past campaigns/content/creative projects across digital marketing, experiential, offline marketing, partnerships and sponsorships.
- Develop a cross- channel digital strategy with a passion for storytelling through all media types, both visual and written, with sound experience in brand and creative strategy and an excellent understanding of the interplay of offline and online engagement.
- Proficiency in digital media strategy and tools (platforms and channels on and offline, market and industry trends, SEO/SEM/online media), social (organic and paid), experiential & content (channel agnostic creative strategy, production of various formats, best practice), measurement (analytics and benchmarks), and community based marketing.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and leading/ project managing cross-functionally across teams.
- Excels at short- and - long term plans and budgets.
- Natural collaboration and bridge-building skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and a thirst for learning.
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels - a hands on team player.
- You love to have FUN and you are super flexible.
- Global communications experience in an active online community.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Educational experience of Bachelor’s degree level or higher.
Apply for Director of Marketing and Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly