Senior Producer, Weekend Nightly News
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Oversee and manage production teams including producers, associate producers, researchers, and correspondents from story inception to airGenerate story ideas and evaluate pitchesAssist in line producing broadcastCoordinate ongoing news coverage for broadcastServe as leader/mentor in the Nightly newsroomSupervise direct reportsProduce live network special reportsPossible fill-in for Executive Producer several times a year
The Senior Producer role works directly with the executive producer, anchor, and staff to generate and oversee the production of New York based hard news and enterprise segments for NBC Weekend Nightly News. Responsibilities Include:
• Demonstrate strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Must have at least seven years of experience in editorial and show production at the network level, preferably on with evening broadcasts.
• Must have demonstrated mastery of and passion for being in and, at times, leading a live control room
• Must have strong writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Must have prior staff management experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong storytelling ability
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices.
• Familiarity with social media and emerging digital platforms
• Team player with a desire to mentor journalists
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.