Supervising Producer, Make It
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC Make It is looking for a talented Supervising Producer to join its expanding video team. CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money. In this role, the Supervising Producer will work hand-in-hand with a team of producers to conceive and execute dynamic video content. The ideal candidate is passionate about business news for the new generation, is an idea-generating machine, has impeccable news sense and style, understands social media formats and storytelling, and is a natural leader who can bring a thoughtful and original voice to the team.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Leading & evolving the editorial style and voice of CNBC Make It's digital video operations
• QC-ing video with constructive editorial and production feedback
• Coaching & motivating junior producers to create their best work
• Producing original video, prototyping new video executions and assisting with shoot production
• Participating in editorial meetings and representing the original video team to the greater organization
• Coordinating with partners across all CNBC platforms to develop new franchises of digital video
• Evaluating pitches and content ideas
• Partnering with writers, editors and reporters to create visual executions to their print stories
• Pitching, writing, editing and producing original stories and content
• At least 5 years of experience producing digital video content at a major news network or online news publication.
•At least two years in a management role.
• Four year college degree with course work/major emphasis on communications, journalism, TV/Web production, or multimedia studies
• Must have expert level experience with reporting, writing, editing and producing original video content
• Advanced knowledge of editing on Adobe Premiere/Final Cut Pro
• Proficient in DSLR camera operation and studio lighting
• Broad knowledge of current events and financial news
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
• Exceptional written and verbal communication
• Strong analytical ability
• Works well in a collaborative environment
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy production equipment on a regular basis
• A video production reel of the candidate's work is preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.