Senior Product Management Manager
What you’ll be doing...
Formed in 2017, the Emerging Platforms team was created by Marni Walden following the successful acquisition of Yahoo and the subsequent establishment of the advertising division, Oath, in order to drive investment and development in critical but nascent areas of the business. These areas, Artificial Intelligence, Location, Big Data Analytics and AR/VR will be fostered and developed by Emerging Platforms to help drive product development and new revenue streams for Verizon across existing and new lines of business.
The Product Management Manager will lead the commercial evaluation and development of the marketing requirements for a suite of emerging data products across location, predictive analytics and artificial intelligence. The manager will lead a team of product managers who are responsible for the individual products and will help resolve strategy, requirements and GTM across the suite. Product Lifecycle Management requires collaboration across the organization so this leader will develop tight relationships with both the Sales & Marketing teams, as well as Product Development organizations, driving and evangelizing the Who, What and Why for the products in the funnel.
Responsibilities include identifying new product concepts, collaborating on the product roadmap, driving market requirements and helping develop and analyze business cases. This leader will work with their peers across business units to drive active engagement, product enthusiasm and support. This manager will be become deeply rooted in the voice of customer, our data platform capabilities, establish clear timelines, identify risks to the plan, report on KPIs for revenue and product performance, as well as drive accountability and structure in the project plan for his/her team.
Additional responsibilities to include:
Develop market assessments and commercial models for the product, while validating the concepts through legal and privacy teams and product development
- Establish KPIs, revenue forecasts, program deliverables and requirements to meet defined targets
- Identify and resolve issues/gaps to expected results and develop mitigation plans to optimize impact
- Ensure the market positioning of products deliver on the promise: train the sales leads, work with marketing to drive sales collateral and support key customer meetings to manage customer expectations
- Assess the market for opportunities for partnerships, acquisitions or commercial agreements which advance the efficiency, profitability or strategic positioning of the products
- Use strong communication skills to distill complex business issues and builds consensus across constituencies and passionately evangelize the vision internally and externally.
- Strongly support and promote the Verizons Credo via positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years leading data analytics and/or digital advertising products and services within a media and/or advertising business. At least 3 years leading a large-scale products/services P&L of at least $75 million.
Even better if you have
- Master's degree/MBA preferred
- Excellent understanding of advertising platforms and the features, data and products that drive value across the ad ecosystem.
- Versed in the challenges and opportunities Fortune 500 companies face related to data analytics and how vendors and solution providers can play a role in today
- Experience in integrating disparate businesses to deliver large scale product launches. Business development, system integrations, joint commercial modeling, product integration and resource alignment experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence, build engagement and partner across engineering, marketing and teams. Strong sales collaboration and ability to integrate customer requirements. Proven experience translating products
- Demonstrated success shaping emerging product vision and strategy, as well as experience bringing several highly innovative, compelling, and profitable products to market. Has successfully brought a mobile and/or data product to market with annual revenues of at least $50 million.
- Proven ability to create from scratch highly efficient commercial development and operational processes and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex environments with a track record of building and fostering credibility and alliances.
- Effectively communicates and presents ideas to others in a manner that achieves clarity, buy-in, commitment, and success.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and comfort dealing with ambiguity.
- Willingness to take calculated risks, communicate those risks throughout the organization and mobilize the team.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.