Director of Sales & Business Development, Clint Reilly Communications | Nob Hill Gazette
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED
We are seeking a Director of Sales & Business Development to supercharge our sales team and generate revenue across the full range of platforms and products produced by Clint Reilly Communications, including print, digital, social and event channels carrying the Nob Hill Gazette brand. The successful candidate will aggressively seek to identify new client targets, develop strategic plans to acquire them, prepare sales presentations, negotiate packages and creative deadlines, and maintain regular communication with executive team members to ensure transparency and progress toward shared goals.
We are looking for an energetic sales professional who owns all levels of accounts, from clients to various agencies, who will find new and creative ways to leverage our wider array of products, brands, and services, which extend beyond the elements of a standalone publication. The successful candidate is engaged, driven and motivated to meet and exceed sales goals, both individually and as part of the NHG team. Previous experience with regional advertising sales is strongly preferred. This position reports to the VP of Sales and Operations for the Gazette’s parent company, Clint Reilly Communications.
- Responsible for driving revenue by selling advertising packages across multiple platforms including print, digital and event-based programs.
- Cultivate, develop and maintain relationships with key advertising decision makers at both the agency and client level
- Utilize marketing and sales collateral, visual presentations, research reports and sales support data to deliver Clint Reilly Communications’ key messages to prospective clients.
- Work with key executive and editorial team members to develop new revenue generating opportunities and products.
- Manage all aspects of the sales communication and negotiation process and keep senior management informed by providing accurate and timely estimates, forecasts, and administrative paperwork
- Create annual and quarterly business plans to drive revenue growth and strategy across portfolio of accounts
- Work with editorial staff to ensure smooth production and a cohesive brand approach to all NHG materials.
- 5+ years of outside sales experience with successful publications is non-negotiable.
- Entrepreneurial spirit! The successful candidate will be creative and driven, bringing new ideas to the table for how we can grow and evolve the brand.
- Proven track record creating compelling and persuasive presentations
- Must be laser-focused on developing actionable strategies to achieve sales goals
- Strong negotiation and verbal/written communication skills
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization
About the Nob Hill Gazette
The Nob Hill Gazette has served as the publication-of-record for San Francisco’s philanthropic, cultural and social scenes for 40 years, becoming a San Francisco luxury/lifestyle icon in its own right. The magazine, published monthly and delivered to more than 60,000 households in key San Francisco neighborhoods, is a visually arresting chronicle of culture, philanthropy, and accomplishment in the Bay Area.
About Clint Reilly Communications
Clint Reilly Communications, publisher of the Nob Hill Gazette, is part of a family of privately-owned, iconic San Francisco institutions spanning commercial real estate, hospitality, media and nonprofit endeavors. In addition to the Gazette, key assets include the landmark Merchants Exchange, the Julia Morgan Ballroom and Credo Restaurant.