At Boundless, our mission is empowering families to navigate the immigration system more confidently, rapidly, and affordably. We provide the tools, information, and personalized support to help guide immigrants through this experience with as much peace of mind as possible. We are backed by top venture firms in Seattle and around the country.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Editor who is motivated by the opportunity to help millions of people who seek confidence in their immigration journey. Someone who understands that the immigration system is complicated and scary, with an endless maze of forms, acronyms, and government agencies to navigate—and who can craft the right language to demystify this system.
The Senior Editor will be responsible for helping to develop compelling content ideas, manage the editorial calendar with skill and precision, draft and edit content until it shines, and maintain a consistent and trustworthy voice across all of our content.
This is initially a part-time independent contractor role, with flexible hours and location, and the potential to grow into a full-time role. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
In this role, you will:
- Edit (and occasionally draft) long-form articles that provide exceptionally clear, helpful, and jargon-free information about how the U.S. immigration system works.
- Edit (and more frequently draft) communications collateral, including press releases, story pitches, op-eds, and blog posts.
- Ensure consistent style across Boundless content, and help continuously improve the Boundless Style Guide.
- Manage the editorial calendar, guiding content through review and workflow processes, to ensure on-time delivery of flawless content.
- Collaborate with the Boundless team on story ideas, based on both breaking news and longer-lead deadlines.
- Provide timely, consistent, and constructive feedback to writers and other contributors.
We are looking for:
- Considerable experience as a writer and editor for consumer media outlets.
- Proven ability to develop content, with clarity and empathy, across a variety of forms and in a variety of voices.
- Exceptional organizational skills within a fast-paced environment.
- The drive to work independently, take initiative, and anticipate needs.
- Obsessive attention to detail across a diversity of tasks, including but not limited to copy-editing and line-editing.
- Prior experience working on a startup team
- Based in Seattle
- Familiarity with the family-based immigration system
- Comfort with WordPress or comparable content management systems
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio (preferably via links rather than attachments).