Business Communications Writer
- Full Time
Business Communications Writer
Uniondale, New York (Full Time)
Established in 1976, Summit Security Services, Inc. is the premier security services firm in the Greater NY-NJ-CT area and one of the largest privately-held security services companies in the United States. Operating from our Corporate Headquarters in Uniondale, New York and from our seven Regional Offices, Summit offers comprehensive security solutions to hundreds of clients across numerous industries. Our 4,000+ professionals provide security and life-safety services to many high-visibility facilities throughout the Tri-State area.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for a Business Communications Writer to support our Corporate Team at our Headquarters office in Uniondale, New York.
Looking for a problem-solver with a good attention to detail who can stay organized while wearing many hats in a very dynamic team-oriented environment. The successful individual in this role will have the ability to meet tight deadlines, a commitment to teamwork, and detailed follow-through to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is being requested to help develop collateral material in the support of sales and marketing activities to pursue new business and retain existing business.
- Coordinates and prepares proposals and other business communication documents, in response to requests from the Sales and Marketing Team.
- Writes, organizes and edits various proposal, business communications, and marketing content.
- Participates in the proposal development process from initial assignments through bid submission.
- Coordinates with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop responsive and winning proposal content.
- Develops and refreshes copy to be used in proposals, sales presentations, and various marketing pieces.
- Works with production staff to ensure overall quality of final deliverables.
- Must proactively maintain the Proposal Content Library to ensure that it is current, well organized, and contains all relevant and necessary material.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, or related field such as Communications, Journalism, Economics, Marketing, or Technical Writing.
- A minimum of two or more years in business writing and communications strategy development; previous sales and marketing copywriting experience is preferred.
- Editing ability, a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and familiarity with Adobe is a necessity. Graphic design skills would be helpful.
- Excellent proofreading skills, along with a strong command of grammar and usage, with the ability to change voice and style as required.
- Solution-oriented with the ability to independently define, schedule, and self-manage assigned tasks.
- Able to multi-task on concurrent work projects, some with short turnaround times.
- Able to work irregular schedules and the necessary hours to meet required deadlines.
- Able to work overtime, if and as requested.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer”