Manager - Product Management Development
- Full Time
What you’ll be doing...
Job Summary and Mission
Everyone knows that Verizon is a leader in Wireless and Telecommunication services. But, did you know we are also cited as a leader in managed cyber security services. Today, we have more than 500 managed cyber security customers in a rapidly growing market. We are the group that develops and provides cyber security solutions to help customers improve operational maturity, push out existing inflection points, and reduce information security risks.
Become an essential part of bringing our strategic plans to life through creativity, emerging technologies, and leading solutions. If you are driven by innovation and want to be part of an amazing team, join us.
Verizon is looking for a cyber-security expert to be part of the team responsible for developing and maintaining the Security Professional Services Portfolio. Our security professional services range from cyber intelligence to risk assessments, compliance reviews to certifying new devices and setting up new security policies including planning and implementation.
We have one of the largest teams of Payment Card Industry (PCI) Qualified Security Assessors in the world, and a professional services staff with the experience and expertise to give you true peace of mind. And they’re powered by six forensics labs on four continents and more than a decade of experience in forensics investigation.
Join Verizon’s Cyber Security Product Management Team. Bring your diverse background in consulting, development, engineering, and/or security operations to develop product and solution strategy to create business cases, to secure investment, to establish roadmaps for advanced cyber security programs, to bring new services to market, to assist sales in order to grow revenue, and to manage product lifecycle. This job will contribute to Verizon’s success by developing new markets in the rapidly changing cyber security world.
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities with a positive attitude to instill confidence and teamwork
- Set goals, develop organizational capability, relate solutions to the broader organization, and model “how we work together”
- Establish and maintain effective business partnerships among Professional Services and internal strategic partners including VES Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Legal, Finance, PLM and others that deliver measurable improvement in the customer experience.
- Ensure partners adhere to legal and Verizon operational/compliance requirements
- Oversee training for subordinates, peers, and potentially partners
- Make effective decisions, taking into account resource demands and budget constraints
- Establish, tune, and adhere to performance metrics
- Effectively communicate needs, priorities, and issues with direct management
- When applicable, may need to manage budget for assigned projects and/or teams
- Plan and manage the design, implementation, and integration of systems and processes related to Security Professional Services.
- Identify trends and gaps with existing products, solutions, and capabilities related to the creation of advanced cyber security programs
- Work closely with other product teams and other channel teams to identify and develop packaged offers which deliver complete solutions that deliver positive business outcomes for Verizon’s customers
- Ensure proper documentation is created, updated, and used related to advanced cyber security programs
- Develop product and solution strategy into a single project priority/lifecycle roadmap for all offers to drive support team activities (Marketing, Finance, etc) including sound business cases, justification for investment, and market opportunity Maintain
- Execute against product roadmaps for Security Professional Services, including extremely tight coordination Security Professional Services Delivery teams to develop new SOW offers and supporting content (Service Descriptions and Methodologies)
- Launch product and solution externally and internally, which could include speaking engagements, sales training, marketing literature, and executive briefings
- When necessary, manage a diverse (potentially global) team to deliver on the product or solution strategy
- Oversee the creation of service requirements, including communication of such requirements with cross-functional teams
- Maintain a deep understanding of Verizon’s Information Security Framework, Verizon’s Cyber Intelligence, and Verizon’s Risk Models
- Understand the Verizon Cyber Security Product Portfolio, specifically the security monitoring and analytics capabilities
- Help evangelize Verizon’s security products and solutions
- Support response to customer RFP’s, custom bids, and/or tailored sales proposals
- Maintain competitive market knowledge, with the ability to assess existing and new competition
Coordinate with all PS Offer resources as needed to grow and strengthen the Security PS portfolio
- Maintain single project priority/lifecycle roadmap for all offers to drive support team activities (Marketing, Finance, etc)
- Collaborate with Security PS Delivery teams to develop new SOW offers and supporting content (Service Descriptions and Methodologies)
- Leverage the automation and scale of VRD to drive Security PS revenue
Maintain overall Security PS Roadmap - Prioritize and drive development with PS Leadership
- Review new Offer/Product ideas to ensure ongoing alignment with Security Product portfolio
- Manage all new productized offers through Lean Business Agility program
- Build productized offer business cases to gain support for new offer development
Manage integration with core services portfolio Product Management and develop a joint roadmap
- Rationalize PS development activity to ensure continued alignment
- Identify and execute on opportunities that deliver maximum Verizon value to customers
- Define and communicate channel-specific PS Enablement guidelines
Enable and Support Security PS Revenue Growth
- Actively support initiatives and programs to achieve PS revenue targets for VES, VBM and VPS in 2017
- Identify existing “successful” PS offers that can be standardized and drive the standardization effort to facilitate streamlined quoting and booking of these offers to increase sales volume.
- Work closely with other product teams and VBM, VPS, VPP and other channel teams to identify and develop packaged offers which deliver complete solutions that deliver positive business outcomes for Verizon’s customers
Improve Customer Experience
- •Focus on portfolio streamlining and optimization efforts to make it faster and easier to quote, book and deliver professional services to our customers
- •Develop and offer solutions that incorporate customer input and are designed to deliver the highest quality customer experiences.
- •Simplify PS Product Portfolio by managing the product lifecycle within assigned practice area by carefully analyzing historical market and sales results, and retiring those that are no longer viable.
- •Establish and maintain effective business partnerships among PS and internal strategic partners including VES Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Legal, Finance, PLM and others that deliver measurable improvement in the customer experience.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Cyber security experience.
- Security Professional Services experience
Even better if you have:
- College Degree plus industry certifications (MBA or related Master’s Degree a plus).
- Ten or more years of diverse cyber security experience.
- Ten or more years of Cyber security risk modeling, cyber security event/incident analytics, and/or cyber security monitoring experience.
- Five or more years of Professional Service and Consultancy Experience
- Five or more years of progressive experience in solution design and implementation.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A passion for leading transformational projects, which may include cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present to C-level executives.
- Ability to demonstrate cyber security through leadership, including the promotion of positive work culture.
- Experience with broad set of Security technologies (FW,IDS, SIEM, IAM, Endpoint, SIRP, Vulnerability management).
- Experience with Data Regulations and Security Compliance frameworks.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Deep understanding of cyber security threat landscape and asset landscapes.
- Understanding of Information Security Management frameworks (ISO27k, NIST, ISO 31K).
- Understanding of applied economics, including the traditional flaws with information risk management and security.
- Ability to sell and promote solutions to external and internal customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Understanding of the financial services, healthcare, and/or retail market verticals, in relation to cyber security solutions.
- Negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Ability to make decisions, including the ability to correct mistakes.
- Functional skills with Microsoft Office Applications, such as Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, and Visio.
- Ability to use business knowledge, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to adapt existing processes, procedures, and/or guidelines for a specific purpose.
Verizon is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.