Freelance Technology Writer
Do you love writing about technology? Do you enjoy helping people learn things and solve problems? Are you the person everyone comes to for help in understanding how something works in a language they understand? If so, we need to talk.
About Your Role:
Lifewire, one of the largest tech sites on the web, is looking for a number of experienced freelance technology writers who share our passion for creating content that leaves readers feeling educated, empowered, and understood. Lifewire is part of the Dotdash Family; Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
The audience we reach is not that of a tech enthusiast. No breaking news, insider jargon, or snarky pieces here. Technology is super important to our readers because of how it makes their lives better, not because they obsess over the technology itself. Our writers take pride in understanding this audience and knowing how to speak to them.
- 5+ years demonstrable experience writing about technology
- Experience writing for a web-based publication
- Very comfortable writing straightforward, practical advice on technology
- Able to write on a breadth of technology topics, across popular platforms and devices
- Comfortable with multiple simultaneous projects and meeting staggered deadlines
- Willingness to work closely with an Assignment Editor and Copy Editor
- Skilled at screenshot taking and finding great images for your content
- Experience with a WordPress-style CMS
- Working Google Account and familiarity with Google Sheets
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Lifewire, ThoughtCo, and TripSavvy.