- Full Time
Far Niente winery is seeking candidates for the position of Marketing Manager, which reports directly to the VP of Marketing, and serves the direct-to-consumer and trade marketing needs for the Far Niente Family of Wineries and Vineyards, which include Far Niente, Nickel & Nickel, Dolce, EnRoute and Bella Union.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills for both print and digital mediums; a strong aptitude for marketing across channels; proven experience in the end-to-end creation of print and digital marketing pieces and packaging; track record of comprehensive photo shoot management and proven project and agency management skills. Experience with media relations support and contributing to social media channels is a plus. A minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience are required and a background in wine and/or luxury brands is a plus. Candidates with a degree in English, Journalism or Communications are preferred.
The majority of time spent in this position will be as a marketing generalist, supporting the DTC and trade needs of the five wineries that comprise our portfolio. Specific outreach and support to our three-tier division as well as the individual channels of DTC are a day-to-day responsibility. This position juggles a multitude of projects, priorities and deadlines, working across departments within the company.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Content – Originate content for new and refreshed print pieces and support Digital Marketing Manager’s content needs for web, blogs, email campaigns and other digital marketing vehicles.
- Print Management – Oversee marketing coordinator on print project management needs and manage projects to budget. Attend press checks as needed.
- Packaging & Gifts – Serve as point person for originating new consumer packaging concepts, working with design team, packaging vendors and operations. Work with winemakers on wine label art and print needs. Attend packaging and label press checks. Oversee creation, budget and production of annual wine club gift program.
- Photography - Serve as point person to work with design firm and photographers for major photo shoots, including annual gift catalogs, ad campaigns and other imagery needs. Be one of three team members tasked with managing photo shoots for specific projects as well as occasional weekend event photography.
- PR & Hospitality Support – Serve as an on-site host for visiting media, as needed to support VP, Marketing. Occasionally take consumer guests for tours our private tastings, as backup to hospitality team.
- 5-8 years’ marketing experience; background in wine and/or luxury brands a plus
- Superb writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Passion for/interest in digital communications and social media—stays on top of current trends, presents new ideas to the team
- Ease with technology
- Extensive knowledge and use of Google analytics and related traffic tools
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Vin65, Targit, Word, Excel, Photoshop, CRM
- Experience in print design and packaging management
- Degree in English, Journalism or Communications preferred