Community Engagement Manager
- Part Time
Do you love to learn about business deals, mergers & acquisitions and how successful companies are built? Do you enjoy writing and helping to plan events? Would you like to build a strong personal network with business leaders and influencers in the Washington DC high-tech and government contracting communities?
If so, WashingtonExec has a great opportunity for you. We are a leading publication covering the executives and the business of the fast-growing government contracting industry in the Washington, DC region. WashingtonExec is currently seeking a Community Engagement Manager, who will help us to grow our business and take it to the next level. This is a part-time job opportunity, with the potential to develop into full-time employment.
The right candidate is a highly motivated, independent worker. You must have at least 3 years’ experience in any of the following vocations: Marketing, Sales, PR/Communications or Journalism. Above all, you must be able to demonstrate a proficiency for developing good content, with a knack for translating technical jargon and complex topics into well-researched, engaging stories that capture and grow our audience and membership. Finally, the successful candidate should be passionate about cultivating relationships with high-level executives, have a keen interest for storytelling and be a natural at facilitating connections between our members.
The successful candidate will find this to be an outstanding career opportunity, with the following benefits:
- Opportunity to network and connect with some of the regions leading C-level executives and entrepreneurs (if you reside locally)
- Opportunity to Participate in WashingtonExec events, giving you the opportunity to learn about the Government Contracting business from leading executives
- Experience writing about the government contracting sector is a big plus, but not required.
- Our office is based in Tysons Corner, Virginia, but will consider someone who is outside of the Washington DC area.
- Experience in AP writing style preferred, but not required
- Accurate, clear and concise writing and impeccable communication skills.
- Working knowledge of WordPress: know how to insert stories and images, add categories, tags and other relevant information, etc.
- Comfortable with daily deadlines
- Reliable internet connection and phone
Available for phone check ins during normal business hours