Tech Reporter, NBC News Digital
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Produce, art and help socialize reporting, when needed
NBC News Digital seeks an exceptional tech reporter to join its team in New York City. The successful candidate will be an ambitious, experienced journalist who can comfortably and efficiently juggle multiple editorial tasks in a breaking-news environment and also expertly handle deeply reported enterprise pieces, features and investigative stories on the intersection of tech, business, media, politics and culture. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is hungry to break news about tech giants, media companies, privacy, security, AI, the dark web or internet culture. This ideal candidate is highly motivated, curious and deeply interested in the many seen and unseen ways tech is changing nearly every facet of our lives. This position is based in New York or California.Research, write and report multiple stories per weekBreak stories and write and report with accuracy and skill under deadline pressureConceptualize, develop and pursue original, standout exceptional enterprise journalismEnsure all reporting is factual and accurate
• Undergraduate degree
• Candidate should have at least 5 years experience covering and writing about tech.
• Strong understanding of business, tech and internet culture
• Strong contacts and sources within the tech community
• Proven track record breaking stories in the area of tech and producing standout journalism
• Strong narrative storytelling and ability to tell stories in different formats
• Working knowledge of digital media technology, particularly content-management tools
• Active user of social media
• Highly motivated, can work well independently or in team environment
• On-Air experience providing analysis or commentary on tech news and reporting
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.