As a Video Producer/Shooter/Editor, you’ll be charged with creating web videos audiences truly want to watch and share across every platform. You’ll be a creative team player who has a passion for the online video space, can develop clever ideas, and possesses the technical skills to bring ideas to life.
About Your Role:
If you have experience creating short web videos from start to finish then this is a great role for you. As part of the Dotdash video team you’ll create videos across our key verticals, from technology and travel to fitness and food, for tens of millions of users. Our video team is always making something new and always challenging themselves to engage audiences in new ways. As Video Producer/Shooter/Editor, you’ll essentially be a “preditor,” responsible for coming up with new ideas; shooting and lighting; and editing, including some basic audio mixing, color correction and motion graphics. This role is primarily focused on content for our home and lifestyle site TheSpruce.com – one of the top ten home sites on the web. The role is project-based, part-time, freelance, with potential for growth.
About Your Contributions:
- As a big fan of web video and video publishers (from Bon Appetit and Tastemade to Insider and Vox) you will bring fresh video ideas to the Dotdash video strategy and a can-do approach to getting those videos out into the world, fast.
- You’ll develop clever, new ways to illustrate concepts and tell stories. You’ll collaborate with the video team and across divisions to research and pitch video ideas.
- You’re organized, creative, driven, and fast – able to own multiple video productions from start to finish. You’ll develop concepts, shoot, edit, create GFX, upload, and manage assets.
- You’ll solve big and small problems before they arise, and take ownership of critical details like scouting locations, casting, and procuring props.
- Extensive knowledge of digital cinema cameras and at least 3 years shooting experience. Bonus points for experience with the FS7. Proficiency with basic lighting and audio gear; ability to troubleshoot challenges quickly.
- Skilled at turning around edits fast using Adobe Premiere and After Effects. Experience creating and building motion graphics to layer on to live-action video, basic text motion skills, and a stylish design and edit sensibility.
- Genuine knowledge of the online and social video space and experience creating home, food and/or DIY videos.
- 3+ years experience producing videos professionally for a digital publisher, production house, or digital content company. Experience owning video productions from initial pitch through upload.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Lifewire, ThoughtCo, and TripSavvy.