Broadcast Service Director - Iranian Service, with Persian language
Don’t miss a unique career opportunity working with an exceptional multimedia news organization with broadcast headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic and media professionals from over twenty countries. RFE/RL is seeking a highly-qualified Broadcast Service Director, who takes full line management responsibility for the operations of its Iranian Service – RADIO FARDA. The Broadcast Service Director under the supervision of the Regional Director, sets Service strategy and goals in support of RFE/RL's mission. Is fully responsible for program development and performance management; and has ultimate editorial responsibility for program content and organization. Proficient Farsi and English language knowledge is a must.
Program and content:
- Has ultimate responsibility for editorial content and production standards.
- Is responsible for programming and production, evaluation of quality of programs and editorial decisions of the assigned Service - Radio Farda; freelancers and other services interface and coordination.
- Keeps up with the news and speaks knowledgeably about current events as they relate to own broadcast region and specific target country.
- Plans the daily and weekly program.
- Contributes to broadcast output as required.
- Follows progress of programs until broadcast.
- Ensures 100% on air, on time broadcast as per schedule.
- Regularly listens to and evaluates broadcasts; provides feedback to staff on content and performance.
- Manages staff including freelancers (making assignments, coaching, motivating, managing performance, training) supervision of staff including freelancers.
- Addresses personnel issues (hiring decisions, merit increases, promotions, reassignments, disciplinary problems) with appropriate involvement of the HR Division and the Regional Director.
- Is responsible for budget compliance of the assigned Service.
- Delegates and oversees tasks related to stringers, timesheets, vouchers for expenses, and so on.
- Education in journalism, international relations or related field MA - Master degree preferred
- Journalism experience and deep knowledge of international relations is a must.
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social conditions and issues in Iran as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure, 10+ years
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions
- Team management, leadership experience 5 years
- Expertise in news journalism and demonstrated ability to manage ongoing news stories.
- Organization & planning skills at a managerial level, including strategic planning.
- People Management skills including mentoring & coaching.
- Relevant software knowledge and end-user knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Strong ability to establish contacts, work with and further develop media affiliates network in international environment and fostering key relationships.
- Presentation skills.
- Proficient in Farsi and English languages
To apply please send us your structured CV and cover letter in English and quote vacancy number: BPE1721-1801.
This position is based in Prague, one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. We offer a competitive salary, a chance to work in a multinational environment in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, and a benefits package that includes relocation, paid housing, medical coverage, an attractive retirement savings package, home leave benefits for expatriates, visa support, and tuition for dependent children.