Service Director - Iranian Service, with Persian language
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Director of Radio Farda, RFE/RL’s Persian-language service for Iran. Each week, Radio Farda delivers uncensored news to 9 million people in Iran on radio, television, and the Internet. The Director, under the supervision of the Regional Director, sets Farda’s strategy and goals in support of RFE/RL's mission, is fully responsible for content development and performance management, and has ultimate editorial responsibility for content and organization. To qualify for this position, candidates must be proficient in both Persian and English.
- Has ultimate responsibility for editorial content and production standards.
- Is responsible for programming and production, evaluation of quality of content, and editorial decisions.
- Keeps up with the news and speaks knowledgeably about current events in Iran.
- Plans the daily and weekly radio and television programs.
- Contributes to radio and television broadcasts as required.
- Regularly evaluates content; provides feedback to staff on content and performance.
- Manages staff including freelancers (making assignments, coaching, motivating, managing performance, training).
- Addresses personnel issues (hiring decisions, merit increases, promotions, reassignments, disciplinary problems) with appropriate involvement of the HR Division and the Regional Director.
- Manages budget of Radio Farda.
- Delegates and oversees tasks related to stringers, timesheets, vouchers for expenses, and so on.
- Education in journalism, international relations or related field - Masters Degree preferred.
- Journalism experience.
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social conditions and issues in Iran as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure 10+ years.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad.
- Team management, leadership experience 5 years.
- Expertise in news journalism and demonstrated ability to manage ongoing news stories.
- Organization & planning skills at a managerial level, including strategic planning.
- People management skills including mentoring & coaching.
- Strong ability to establish contacts, develop media affiliations, and foster key relationships.
- Presentation skills.
- Proficient in Persian and English languages.
Should you be interested in the above position kindly apply through the link and send us your structured CV and cover letter in English and quote vacancy number: BPE1721-1801.