Digital content writer/creator
Bigthink.com is looking for eager writers to serve thought-provoking content to our distinct online audiences: social, search, and direct users. We focus on expert-driven big ideas and events that are significant (they affect a lot of people), relevant (they are timely) and actionable (they give people information they can use). Each available position corresponds to an audience:
- Social: These will be short-form news pieces of about 300 words that focus on topical events that align with our editorial mission. Our social/news content examines topical big ideas in non-partisan ways that highlight how the status quo is being disrupted.
- Search: We want writers who can communicate ideas clearly and confidently while implementing SEO best practices such as including semantic keywords and backlinks. Understanding how to write SEO-friendly titles that are keyword driven is a must. Experience with SEMRUSH or other keyword planning tools is a plus. This is our most immediate need so bear that in mind when applying.
- Direct: This content represents the core of Big Think’s mission and audience, i.e. users navigating directly to our site because they know and love the content we consistently offer. Familiarity with the site is a must. Knowing how to create content around Big Think’s most popular video experts is a plus.
For all positions, basic familiarity with social publishing platforms is essential.
- To apply, clearly indicate which position you’re applying for (social, search or direct). Please apply for only one position based on your experience and interest.
- In your application, please pitch us 2 ideas you think would fit our site well—out-of-the-box ideas are good!—and links to any relevant past work.
Thanks for your interest and we hope to hear from you.