Full Frame Co-Host
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic co-host for our flagship magazine talk show.
- Performs magazine talk show program for broadcast
- Establishes relationship with television audience providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience
- Interview guests, moderates debates, converses with co-host during taped and live events
- Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary
- Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the company, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity
- Participates in required meetings, events and promotional campaigns
- Makes regular approved appearances at company events; serves as ambassador for the talk show and company when out in public
- Executes only the interviews and events on-air that are approved by Executive Producer; follows designated show format
- Maintains a social media personality presence to promote the show and company brand
- Prepares written content, production assets and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms, when necessary
- Writes and delivers scripts for studio tapings and packaged stories
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, etc.); is on call for possible adjustments to stories/tapings
- May be called upon to fill-in for other on-air talent, as necessary
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess 5+ years of on-air experience required
- Be adept at conducting in-depth interviews with an international perspective.
- Be comfortable in front of the camera in a variety of situations (formal interviews, live coverage from the field, “fun” feature segments, moderating panels etc.).
- Be knowledgeable about China and East Asia (culture, politics, history, current events, social issues and pop culture).
- Possess international reporting/journalism experience.
- Be congenial with an amiable on-camera demeanor (relatable talk show host: upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air)
- Be comfortable delivering high-quality work on deadline and in high-pressure situations
- Be a self-starter with strong research and writing skills
- Be able to take direction from management
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with national and international current events and trends
- Be able to quickly immerse him or herself in the show’s weekly topics and gain specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar
- Able to maintain composure and professionality when faced with difficult situations and personalities
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
Please submit a resume along with a reel or clips of previous on-air work.