- Full Time
MeriTalk.com is a publishing, research, and events company focused in Federal information technology that covers Federal information technology trends, leaders, programs, and policies.
MeriTalk.com, along with its affiliated websites and custom publications, produces news, analysis, and custom events focused on the government information technology market. We reach an influential audience of 115,000 government and industry newsletter subscribers.
The copy editor serves as the primary editor of a daily email newsletter on information technology and business topics.
- Perform a range of editing functions, from copyediting to substantive content editing, to substantial rewriting
- Review text for errors in grammar, punctuation, syntax, and spelling
- Check copy for style, readability, and agreement with editorial policy
- Verify data referenced, if needed
- Write original news summaries as needed
- Provide mentoring and coaching to contributing writers
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, journalism, English, or a related field
- 5 years of editorial experience
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of AP Style
- Proficiency in WordPress
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to summarize complex news stories, simply, accurately and clearly
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet stringent deadlines
- Interest in and willingness to learn the information technology industry and our client’s business
- Ability to mentor staff to improve writing skills
- Positive, can-do attitude