- Full Time
MeriTalk.com, a publishing, research, and events company focused in Federal information technology, is seeking a deadline-driven Technology Reporter to cover Federal information technology trends, leaders, programs, and policies.
MeriTalk.com, along with its affiliated websites and custom publications, produces news, analysis, and custom events focused on the government information technology market. We reach an influential audience of 115,000 government and industry newsletter subscribers.
The primary responsibilities of the Technology Reporter are to report and write daily news and analysis stories, and to contribute to other custom products and publications as necessary.
- Report and write original daily news stories on deadline
- Interview senior Federal and industry technology leaders
- Attend and cover MeriTalk-produced events and relevant third-party events
- Engage regularly with readers through social media
- Curate syndicated news content as directed
- Work with MeriTalk affiliates, sister companies and clients on other editorial products as directed
- Willingness to experiment with different forms of storytelling, including video, audio, and info-graphics
- 1 to 2 years of professional journalism experience, with experience reporting on technology issues preferred
- Solid grasp of AP style
- Degree in Journalism or English
- Experience working with online content management systems required
- Basic understanding of SEO and social media platforms
- Ability to multi-task and meet daily, weekly, and long-term deadlines