Assistant Manager of Media Relations, Non-Profit
- Full Time
The mission of The Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation is to honor the sacrifice of firefighter Stephen Siller who laid down his life to save others on September 11, 2001. We also honor our military and first responders who continue to make the supreme sacrifice of life and limb for our country.
This national nonprofit seeks an Assistant Manager of Media Relations who is adept at everything from creating media materials, to pitching stories, to overseeing press conferences and events, to developing content for various social media platforms, to actively participating in creative brainstorming sessions.
Reporting to the Director of Media Relations, the Assistant Manager of Media Relations must possess the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and contribute to the positive working environment of the Foundation. This candidate will have excellent communication skills, high ethical standards and the ability to multi-task and undertake concurrent projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Research and write press releases and media advisories
- Develop ongoing relationships with national and regional media contacts
- Participate in the planning and execution of press conferences and Foundation events
- Liaison with Marketing Department to deliver social media platform content
- Identify opportunities for the Foundation to gain visibility for its mission and goals
- Travel as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3-5 years of media relations experience demonstrating increasing level of responsibility
- Proven track record securing placements in print/broadcast/social media platforms
- Demonstrated examples of participation in successful media campaigns
- Ability to travel as required
Application materials should include a resume, a cover letter that includes discussion of all relevant experience and a sample press release.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision care
- 403b retirement plan