Media Relations [Coordinator]
- Full Time
Looking for a junior marketing professional with an extroverted personality and strong communication skills to build relationships with media, bloggers and social media influencers. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and is the first position of its kind within our organization. Looking for someone who is experienced and passionate about building relationships, and is comfortable working in a closely measured environment where quantifiable results are the primary goal. Some experience in public relations or similar outreach roles is of great value in this role. The ideal candidate has a strong “sales” orientation characterized by exceptional interpersonal skills, determination and optimism.
- Collaborate with content marketing team to develop content ideas and strategies that will be of interest to our target audiences.
- Crafty web research skills to build contact lists to which you will promote each piece of content our team develops.
- Build pitches for each piece of content and outlet by identifying unique angles and hooks for the segments in your contact list.
- Develop relationships with, and pitch to, reporters, journalists, bloggers, website hosts and social media influencers via phone, email, social media, etc.
- Conduct persistent follow up after your initial outreach using varied approaches (i.e. email, phone, social engagement, and even in-person meetings).
- Measure outreach and the effectiveness of content on an ongoing basis, including the tracking of effort expended, links received, social mentions and related SEO gains.
We are eager to bring on a candidate for this position. Following a formal review of your resume, you may be requested to document explanations for the above requirements, as well as, produce sample work from prior positions. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up with you directly regarding the opportunity for an interview.