Manager, Cross-Platform Insights & Measurement
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Create insightful and actionable sales research/analysis about NBC News properties and programs across platforms (digital/social/linear TV/mobile). Communicate audience changes, trends and highlights to the sales team on a regular basis.Respond to day-to-day research requests and RFP responses from sales/marketing and other internal clients, using syndicated and internal tools to highlight the best stories for our properties. Craft “off-shelf” overview decks and one-sheets that highlight the value of NBC News properties to advertisers, brands and campaigns Explore and evaluate new vendors, metrics and technology that will enhance the value of NBC News positioning in the marketplace.Manage custom ad effectiveness studies and similar projects that demonstrate the value of campaigns and sponsorships on NBC News properties across digital and linear platforms.
NBCUniversal is looking for a manager within its NBC News Ad Sales Insights & Measurement team, which supports the digital, linear and cross-platform sales efforts of NBC News properties including MSNBC, Today and CNBC. This individual will work closely with the sales, marketing and client partnership teams to develop sales positioning and showcase our brands to the marketplace. This role calls for the creation of strategic, customized, visually compelling research that includes actionable and market-ready insights. The manager will leverage syndicated and first-party research tools to build this story, and communicate frequently with internal and external clients to help all parties understand research positioning. This role reports to the Director, Digital & Cross-Platform Insights & Measurement, NBC News Ad Sales.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 4+ years’ experience in TV/media research at a media brand, agency or supplier.
• Knowledge of audience trends and patterns across media platforms, including digital, social, linear TV and OTT.
• Strong understanding of Adobe Analytics/Omniture, including Report Builder.
• Proficiency with linear TV/digital/social syndicated reporting tools including Nielsen NPower, Nielsen @Plan, comScore/Rentrak, Adobe, ListenFirst, MRI, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics and Snapchat Analytics data.
• Strong Excel skills, including the ability to quickly build accurate and thorough dashboards and databases with pivot tables.
• Strong PowerPoint skills, including creating compelling slides/presentations that can be used for internal and external clients.
• Deep understanding of primary research methodologies/approaches, and the ability to recommend unique ad effectiveness measurement solutions for different campaigns.
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.