- Full Time
Description: Freedman Consulting, LLC is hiring a Staff Writer to write and produce engaging content as a member of a six-person editorial and research team focused on public-sector innovation. Part of an ongoing partnership between Freedman Consulting and a leading foundation, the team creates cutting-edge content for multiple platforms to analyze, elevate, inform, advance, and celebrate innovative work in hundreds of city governments around the world. This content is aimed for “doers and dreamers” in the city-innovation movement—meaning practitioners, funders, thinkers, strategists, and the people inspired by their work. The team’s work takes a variety of forms, but it’s primarily written. Reporting and writing experience is essential.
- Drafting and editing a variety of print and digital materials, including but not limited to blog posts, op-eds, and social media
- Providing strategic communications and messaging guidance, ensuring substance and design of all publications meets the exacting standards of Freedman Consulting and its client
- Supporting design and production tasks in partnership with a graphic designer
- Keeping content team abreast of latest trends in, and platforms for, content distribution to ensure content is being shared in the most cutting-edge and impactful way possible
- Supporting, preparing for, and participating in client meetings, events, and presentations
- Tracking and providing updates on content production and maintaining records and archives of content produced.
- Some team administrative support.
Requirements: A bachelor’s degree—with practical editorial experience—is required. Applicants also should have experience managing/working on social media campaigns. Applicants should have an interest in public-sector innovation tools and practices. Experience with graphic design and video editing skills are a plus. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to quickly master and distill complex topics as well as be able to meet wide-ranging deadlines. Successful applicants will have a high level of creativity and ability to think outside the box. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample. Freedman Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.