Public Relations Assistant
- Full Time
Public Relations Assistant
ic-berlin is looking for a Public Relations Assistant to increase consumer awareness of its luxury eyewear throughout North and South America.
ic-berlin America, LLC, is an exclusive brand of Rx frame and sunglass designs manufactured in Berlin, Germany. ic-berlin established itself more than 20 years ago and grew in popularity because each and every one of our frames features a one-of-a-kind, patented screwless hinge system, which combined with high quality materials, makes our eyewear virtually indestructible. ic-berlin eyewear is designed with passion, produced with technical precision and handcrafted with love for all.
Our brand is extremely well-known throughout the optical industry and our wearers are incredibly loyal, lifelong fans. We’ve done a great job in the past of communicating to the retailers that carry our glasses, but now we want to amplify our awareness amongst general consumers to drive demand at a retail level. We are currently seeking a Public Relations Assistant to help us achieve this goal.
The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, result-oriented, creative thinker with a passion for finding new avenues to elevate a brand and a love of writing. That passion will be demonstrated as you lead the development of a dynamic and engaging consumer-focused public relations campaign.
The responsibilities for this role:
- Build and maintain media consumer media lists of a national and regional scope that span print, television and digital platforms
- Nurture relationships with media so that they begin to proactively seek out ic-berlin for features
- Distribute announcements about new product releases
- Create an innovative pitch to keep our story and our product relevant to the media throughout the year
- Stay current of news and construct ways to develop mass interest
- Keep the team updated on retail, business and tech trends, breaking news, competitor activity and other interesting finds
- Responsible for compiling critical information with regard to distributing press releases, fact sheets, talking points, Q&As, FAQs, internal articles and materials
- Secure press opportunities that highlight our VIP retailers
- Conduct editor and influencer gifting
- Develop influence engagement strategy to create authentic and engaging content
- Research and propose sponsorship & partnership opportunities with media outlets, as well as other relevant lifestyle brands
- Coordinate with product placement companies to ensure they have the latest product to showcase
- Assist with the set-up and execution of two annual trade shows
- Appraise how we can assist our retailers in marketing the brand better on a local level
- Maintaining press clippings
- Compile monthly marketing, communication reporting
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelors degree, preferably in public relations, communications or related field – or equivalent experience
- Having 3-4 years of relevant public relations, communications or media experience
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and a self-starter
In return, the Public Relations Assistant will be an employee of ic-berlin America, LLC, and will be provided with an annual salary, healthcare benefits, paid time off and 401K.
Interested applications should send a cover letter and resume to our Human Resource Director Rich Komst.