Senior Editor (Gear), Men's Journal
Men’s Journal, the leading consumer men’s travel, adventure, and lifestyle magazine, is looking for a full-time Senior Editor in the New York City office. This is a key position that will focus on the magazine’s in-depth gear coverage. The Senior Editor will oversee GearLab, a monthly section devoted to tech, outdoor, home, automotive and sports gear, as well as contribute to other areas of the magazine and its website, mensjournal.com. This is a unique opportunity to for a gear- and adventure-focused editor who is looking for a role with a lot of responsibility—and reward.
· Assign, write and edit monthly gear, auto and style pages (12-16 on average)
· Maintain a large stable of freelance writers and product testers
· Write and edit gear reviews for mensjournal.com
· Represent Men’s Journal and its advertising department at product showcases, trade shows and meetings
· Oversee two annual gear issues with expanded coverage
· Brainstorm ideas with other editors for Notebook, Blueprint and Feature sections of the magazine
· Recruit new writers to Men’s Journal
· Minimum of four years of editorial experience (print preferred)
· Strong interest in, and deep knowledge of, current trends in technology, autos, and outdoor, sports, and home gear.
· Significant contacts with publicists in the gear/product space
· A working stable of freelance writers and testers at your fingertips
· Experience with InCopy
· The ability to juggle many projects at once
· Excellent communication skills