Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 16741
Viking Children’s Books is looking for a dynamic senior/executive editor to join their team. This person is primarily responsible for discovering, developing and editing 9-12 books a year. This imprint has published beloved titles such as Corduroy, Llama Llama and Angelina Ballerina.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Discovers, develops, and edits 9 - 12 book projects per year, a mix of picture books, middle grade, and YA, including overseeing all phases of production and regular involvement in marketing.
* Co-supervises an editorial assistant.
* Develops, nurtures, and maintains new and ongoing relationships with authors, artists, agents, and industry professionals.
* Attends several weekend conferences (often including a national librarian or teachers’ convention) per year, and represents the imprint at various other industry events
* At least 10 years of children’s book editing experience
* Proven children’s books successes
* Excellent writing and copywriting skills
* Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
* Has established contacts in the industry
* Ability to travel up to 5% of the year via airplane, train and/or automobile required
* PC fluency (Microsoft Word required; PowerPoint and Excel recommended)Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.