Community Engagement Specialist
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
This role will be supporting our new Market Engagement organization reporting directly to the Regional Vice President for Market Engagement. This position will be a critical interface into the other functions supporting the Market Engagement organization.
Under the general direction of their direct management, the Community Engagement and Communications specialist acts as the connective tissue between Altice and the regional communities in which it supports. This role will be critical for having knowledge into the pulse of the community as it relates to our customer markets. This role will be essential in local efforts to embed our brand and services into the communities we serve
- This position will be responsible to cultivate a network of indirect reports and support within all sub-markets
- Establishing relationships within the local communities: local government, chamber of commerce etc.
- Proactively look for opportunities to leverage our brand and services
- Working closely with corporate communications on executing regional and national strategies including local communications, social media efforts etc.
- Works closely with government affairs on executing regional and national strategies; including charitable giving, sponsorships etc.
Qualifications / RequirementsManagement Skills
- Ability to prioritize, act quickly with demonstrable judgment
- Fearless initiative leadership capabilities as well as ability to give direction
- Ability to develop and execute an initiative with minimal ongoing oversight and excellent follow trough
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities at once without jeopardizing deadlines
- Inter and intra-department relationship building
- Consensus development abilities
- Excellent writing skill
- Strong verbal communication
- Excellent media relations capabilities
- Strong consumer media market knowledge in relationship development skills
- Strong understanding of financial performance measurements
- Excellent internal relationship capability
- Strong knowledge of media, sports, entertainment, telecommunications and programming industries
- Ability to excel in highly pressurized environment
- Six to Eight years of public relations, government, media, communications and community relations experience
- Telecommunications or other media and entertainment industry experience strongly preferred
- Excellent writing verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing and executing public relations plans and initiatives
- Relevant media relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred.