Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
This role will be supporting our new Market Engagement organization reporting directly to the Vice President for Project Management and Escalations. This position will be a critical interface into the other functions supporting the Market Engagement organization.
Under the general direction of their direct management, the Project Manager is responsible for managing and directing the implementation of one or more small to medium sized projects including the definition, development, delivery and deployment of quality solutions to meet Business Unit (BU) customer needs (including changes to agreed requirements) that are compatible with business drivers defined by the business. The Project Manager is also directly responsible for managing project: scope, cost, schedule, risk, human resources, communications, procurement and change.
- Demonstrates continual improvement in project management skills, i.e., CAPM certification
- Competent in use of project management tools, techniques and methodologies
- Applies project management skills to projects
- Directs Project Administrators where applicable, or maintains project documentation, including:
- Project lifecycle
- Project plans
- Project deliverables
- Collaborates with other PMs in the group to provide a disciplined approach to project management utilizing PM standards, methodologies and tools
- Develops and maintains project plans with accurate estimates of effort required to meet customer needs
- Identifies, documents and manages risks
- Regularly communicates project status
- Responsible for managing small and medium sized projects, as assigned, as it relates to: Scope, Cost, Schedule, Risk, Human Resources, Communications, Procurement and Change:
- Ensure regular project related effective communication occurs, i.e.: Status report, meeting minutes, etc.
- Develop and manage Project schedule and Expense plans
Qualifications / Requirements
- Demonstrated organizational management skills in a highly complex, fast growing technical environment including, budget management and business planning
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with executive, senior management, peers, staff, vendors, and contractors
- An ability to present and discuss technical, functional and management information in a clear and concise way that explains complex topics, is persuasive and promotes consensus
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and adjust priorities based on workload and direction from management and customer
- Expertise in formal project management methodologies, as evidenced by current PMP standards.
- Robust knowledge and experience in IT and business processes, challenges and opportunities.
- Knowledge and use of formal Quality Assurance (QA) processes,
- Ability to effectively adapt to and apply rapidly changing technology to business needs
- Demonstrated ability to resolve roadblocks to delivery in multi-organization teams where no direct management responsibility exists
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required; a Master’s degree (or equivalent) is preferable
- Current Project Management Professional certification and a demonstrated ability to mentor / train others in PM methodologies, preferred
- 5-7 years of hands-on project/program management experience on major development projects demonstrating the strategic use of technology to improve business processes and to support critical business strategies, required
- Experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors; ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- Experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement desirable, involving broad-based information systems and utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change