Deputy Editor (Spanish/Portuguese)
Ink is looking for a Spanish/Portuguese-speaking Deputy Editor for Nexos, a bi-monthly Spanish/Portuguese-language inflight magazine.
The successful candidate will be resourceful, motivated and versatile. He/she will have a passion for travel, food and culture, and be fluent in spoken and written Spanish, with substantial (minimum two years) experience in Spanish-language print media. The candidate must be proficient in the writing, editing and assigning of short and long-form stories, and should have a grasp of the magazine publishing process. Fluency in Portuguese is preferred, but not essential. Fluency in written and spoken English is a must.
The Deputy Editor will work under the Content Director and the U.S. Editor-in-Chief and work closely with the art team.
- Generate, select and assign stories for the magazine
- Provide writers and photographers with guidelines and direction for stories
- Line edit and copy edit stories
- Read and correct proofs
- Assist with administrative duties, including author contracts and invoices
- Translate copy from English to Spanish and Spanish to English
- Report and write stories for the magazine, in Spanish
- Update the website and create bespoke online content
- Work closely with the art team
- Assist sister publications in reporting and writing occasional stories in English
Please provide writing samples in English and Spanish. Pre-selected candidates will be given a writing and editing test.
Office location: Coral Gables, Miami
Position: Full time
Please email your resume to Aracelis Baez by Friday 24th March 2018.