Programmatic Account Manager
U.S. News is looking for a highly-motivated and proactive Programmatic Account Manager to join our growing digital advertising team. Working closely with the Director of Programmatic, Data and Revenue Partnerships, this person will be responsible for hands-on communication with our programmatic clients, as well as providing insights to a team of Account Executives to help achieve their revenue goals.
- Manage execution and performance of programmatic advertising initiatives through the full account management life cycle.
- Go-to specialist in various programmatic platforms; able to extract detailed analysis and reporting across multiple tools – including but not limited to prospecting, inventory availability, and viewability, and analysis on both an ad hoc as well as regular basis.
- Daily monitoring of existing business for changes in performance and revenue; proactively following up with key insights and recommendations.
- Make programmatic packaging recommendations to sales based upon input from Account Executives and programmatic clients; respond to all client requests for information in a timely manner.
- Proactively provide consultation to internal teams and outside clients regarding new opportunities (i.e. relevant data offerings, new ad products, optimizations, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and solve technical buyer/seller platform issues; identify correct internal or external personnel and work in close collaboration toward a timely resolution.
- Basic awareness of audience segmentation and use of 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data within a programmatic setting.
- Collaborate with Ad Operations, Account Executives and Advertising Technology to ensure success across programmatic initiatives.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and awareness of current programmatic and digital ad technology trends; remain up to speed on new in-platform betas and testing opportunities.
- Bring extraordinary attention to detail, confident ownership of tasks, proactive problem solving, and rigorous commitment to success to both internal- and external-facing functions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1 to 2 years of experience within the digital advertising space; BS or BA Preferred or equivalent experience
- Working Knowledge of DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) and sales management tools.
- Experience working with programmatic platforms – such as SSPs, DSPs, ad exchanges, DMPs etc. a plus.
- Experience with standard digital ad pricing structures (i.e. CPM, CPC, CPA/L)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills; knowledge of pivot tables, formulas, vlookups, etc. a huge plus.
- Able to organize, interpret and craft a data-backed story.
- Effective time management skills - ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize to meet necessary deadlines.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of current digital, publishing, and advertising technology trends.
Applicants must provide both a cover letter and resume.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision and 401(k) plan.